Regulated Utility Operations
AEP, with more than 5 million American customers, is one of the country's largest
investor-owned utilities, serving parts of 11 states. The service territory covers
197,500 square miles in Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio,
Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
AEP's U.S. customers are served by one of the world's largest transmission and distribution systems
with more than 40,000 miles of transmission lines and more than 215,000 miles of distribution lines.
- AEP Ohio - 1.5 million customers
- AEP Texas - 1 million customers
- Appalachian Power - 1 million customers
- Indiana Michigan Power - 580,000 customers
- Kentucky Power - 170,000 customers
- Public Service Co. of Oklahoma - 540,000 customers
- Southwestern Electric Power Co. - 530,000 customers