Accepting a full-time job with AEP doesn't mean the end of your formal education or career development. In fact, it's only the beginning. We strongly encourage and support ongoing education and learning, both on and off the job, through a variety of special programs, including:
- Educational Assistance Program— Up to $5,250 in educational assistance annually to cover 75% of registration fees, tuition and lab fees, plus 100% reimbursement for books. For those who obtain a college degree, the company will pay an additional 25% of the cost of all covered expenses.
- DeVry Corporate Education Program— Employees receive a 10% discount on their tuition and a waiver of the application fee. DeVry offers undergraduate degrees in business, technology and management, among other areas. Graduate programs are offered through the Keller Graduate School of Management.
- ConSern Education Program— Locating scholarships and providing loans to employees and their dependents to cover various education-related expenses.
- Web-based Training— Designed to enhance critical business and professional development skills and technical and computer skills, with topics including communications, customer service, leadership, management, personal development, team building, Microsoft Office products, operating systems, etc.
- Leadership Development Activities— including our partnership with The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business to offer a program that supports the development of critical leadership competencies in selected employees.
We also offer a number of skill-building programs designed to help you stay at the top of your field, along with safety training to keep you working safely.