A healthy work/life balance improves productivity and morale, and contributes to a more fulfilling and positive work environment. For that reason, AEP offers a number of programs designed to help our employees achieve this balance.
Some of the programs include:
- Alternative Work Arrangements— Telecommuting and flexible work schedules when the needs of both internal and external customers are met.
- Free Parking or Parking Subsidies— available at most AEP work locations.
- Travel Assistance Plan— Emergency medical support when traveling for business or pleasure 100 miles or more from home, even in a foreign country!
- Wellness Program— Subsidizing your membership in health clubs, health/exercises classes, and other health-related activities. We also offer free flu shots and health screenings at many locations.
- Pet Insurance— Helping you cover veterinary bills for dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, ferrets, reptiles, and other exotic pets.
- Parental Leave— One week of paid leave for new fathers and adoptive mothers. (Birth mothers are covered under our sick pay plan.)
- Adoption Assistance— Financial assistance to help cover expenses related to the adoption of a child.
- Personal Services Referrals— Referrals for child care services plus other providers, information, and resources needed to manage personal and professional responsibilities.
- Back-up Care— For those emergencies when your regular child or adult/elder care provider is not available.
- Financial Planning— Free financial advice related to college funding, debt management, home purchases, mortgage refinancing, estate planning, retirement planning, and more with an independent SEC-registered financial adviser.
- Group Legal, Home and Auto Insurance Plans— Discounted group rates through MetLife on your personal insurance needs.
- Employee Activities— Planned recreational programs for employees, such as holiday parties, sporting events, picnics, performances, and other social activities.
- Service Awards— Opportunity to choose from a variety of attractive gifts, including jewelry, artwork, electronics, etc., to recognize milestones related to your employment with AEP.
- Matching Gift Program— Financial assistance and support to institutes of higher learning. The program matches charitable contributions on a dollar-for-dollar basis, in cash or a marketable security in the amount of at least $250 and no more than $1,000 per participant, per eligible institution, per year.
- Education Assistance— $5,250 in educational assistance annually to cover: 75% of registration fees, tuition and lab fees and 100% reimbursement for books.