A healthy work/life balance improves productivity and morale, and contributes to a more fulfilling and positive work environment. For that reason, AEP offers a number of programs designed to help our employees achieve this balance.
Some of the programs include:
- Alternative Work Arrangements— Telecommuting and flexible work schedules when the needs of both internal and external customers are met.
- Free Parking or Parking Subsidies— available at most AEP work locations.
- Travel Assistance Plan— Emergency medical support when traveling for business or pleasure 100 miles or more from home, even in a foreign country!
- Wellness — Wellness resources are available to support your well-being at no cost to the employee that includes on-site flu shots (at most worksite locations), access to a health coach and rewards for managing your health.
- Pet Insurance— Helping you cover veterinary bills for dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, ferrets, reptiles, and other exotic pets.
- Parental Leave— One week of paid leave for new fathers and adoptive mothers. (Birth mothers are covered under our sick pay plan.)
- Adoption Assistance— Financial assistance to help cover expenses related to the adoption of a child.
- Group Legal, Home and Auto Insurance Plans— Discounted group rates through MetLife on your personal insurance needs.
- Employee Activities— Planned recreational programs for employees, such as holiday parties, sporting events, picnics, performances, and other social activities.
- Service Awards— Opportunity to choose from a variety of attractive gifts, including jewelry, artwork, electronics, etc., to recognize milestones related to your employment with AEP.
- Matching Gift Program— Financial assistance and support to institutes of higher learning. The program matches charitable contributions on a dollar-for-dollar basis, in cash or a marketable security in the amount of at least $250 and no more than $1,000 per participant, per eligible institution, per year.
- Education Assistance— $5,250 in educational assistance annually to cover: 75% of registration fees, tuition and lab fees and 100% reimbursement for books.