Life is full of firsts. From learning to walk to exploring college and career options, first steps can be intimidating, especially if students aren’t ready to enter college, start a career or able to pay for college tuition.
That’s why the American Electric Power Foundation introduced Credits CountSM. In conjunction with local community colleges across our service territory, Credits Count helps students fill in learning gaps, so they are ready to study college-level courses while still in high school. By graduation, students will have earned credits that count toward a certificate in a STEM-related career or a college degree in fields that include engineering, biotechnology and information technology.
Through Credits Count, we’re helping young people to become the next generation of critical thinkers that will find solutions to complex challenges for business and communities.
Middle school STEM exploration
- Middle school STEM exploration
- College course readiness assessment and tutoring
- Summer bridge program to sharpen English, math and/or science skills
- Dual enrollment in high school and community college
- Ashland Community & Technical College, Ashland, Kentucky
- Bossier Parish Community College, Bossier City, Louisiana
- Columbus State Community College, Columbus, Ohio
- Ivy Tech Community College, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Laredo Community College, Laredo, Texas
- Tulsa Community College, Tulsa, Oklahoma