May 1, 2013
AEP Receives FERC Approvals To Transfer Ohio Generating Assets
AEP received approval from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to separate its Ohio generating assets from its Ohio distribution and transmission operations and transfer these assets to a competitive generation company and regulated affiliates. AEP is awaiting FERC approval of additional transactional agreements between AEP affiliates.
April 26, 2013
AEP Reports 2013 First-Quarter Earnings
- First-quarter earnings: $0.75 per share GAAP and $0.80 per share operating; difference due to a change in Virginia law and restructuring charge
- Quarterly dividend increased 4.3 percent April 23 to $0.49 per share
- Strong residential and commercial load; industrial load remains challenged
- Disciplined cost controls and process improvements
April 23, 2013
AEP Increases Quarterly Dividend To 49 Cents A Share
The Board of Directors of American Electric Power Co. today declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 49 cents a share on the company's common stock, increasing the dividend 4.3 percent from the previous 47 cents a share. AEP last increased its dividend in October 2011.
March 18, 2013
American Electric Power Seeks Bids For Compliance Coal
AEP is seeking spot-coal delivery proposals for 20,000 tons per month for five months beginning May 1. In addition to the base tonnage, AEP is seeking a monthly option of 10,000 tons per month during the term, delivered by rail and/or barge.
February 15, 2013
AEP Reports 2012 Fourth-Quarter and Year-End Earnings
- Fourth-quarter earnings $0.05 per share GAAP and $0.50 per share operating; difference primarily due to Ohio plant impairments and restructuring charges
- 2012 year-end earnings $2.60 per share GAAP and $3.09 per share operating
- Continued discipline around controlling costs
- John W. Turk Jr. coal-fueled generation plant on line in December 2012
January 22, 2013
AEP Names Richard To Board Of Directors
Oliver G. "Rick" Richard III, former chairman, president and chief executive officer of Columbia Energy Group, has been elected to the American Electric Power Board of Directors.
January 10, 2013
AEP Honored For Disaster Assistance And Response
American Electric Power and its utility subsidiaries were honored today by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) for their efforts to restore power and assist other electric utilities in restoring power following two severe weather events in 2012. EEI is the association of shareholder-owned electric utility companies.