We're Here for You American Electric Power is committed to the health and safety of our customers, communities and employees as we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more×
Southwestern Electric Power Company
At Southwestern Electric Power Company (SWEPCO), our commitment to the communities we serve extends beyond our mission to provide safe, reliable and affordable energy. We believe in being part of the community.
Our employees have donated thousands of hours to countless organizations and community programs. SWEPCO and our parent company, American Electric Power, strive to make an impact by helping to fund organizations and programs that improve education, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, care for our environment, grow our communities and much more.
For example, SWEPCO and the AEP Foundation supported Children’s Advocacy Center of Benton County in Arkansas, which provides a safe place for child abuse victims and their families. The organization offers comprehensive services from dedicated professional interviews, nurses, counselors and advocates in a child-friendly atmosphere.
In Louisiana, SWEPCO and the AEP Foundation supported the United Way of Northwest Louisiana’s Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library program, which fosters a love of reading for children from birth to age five, and helps prepare them for kindergarten success. Through Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, one book is delivered each month directly to the home of children enrolled in the program all at zero cost to the child’s family. In addition, several employees took part in the United Way Virtual Volunteer Reading Series that featured children’s books from the program.
SWEPCO and the AEP Foundation also supported the Meals on Wheels Ministry, Inc. in East Texas, which delivers daily meals to over 2,500 homebound senior citizens and disabled individuals covering six counties in East Texas. We also provided funding to several food banks across our service territory to assist those affected by the COVID crisis.
We’re pleased to share the following report that highlights how SWEPCO and its employees give back to the communities in which they live and work. And, we’re thankful for the privilege to work alongside you today as we light the way for a brighter tomorrow.
President and Chief Operating Officer
Southwestern Electric Power Company
Organizations supported by SWEPCO and/or the American Electric Power Foundation in 2020
- Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Arkansas
- Area Agency on Aging of Western Arkansas, Inc.
- Booneville High School Robotics Team 5437
- Children's Advocacy Center of Benton County
- City of Gentry
- Gentry High School Scholarship Fund
- Helen Tyson Middle School
- HOPE Distributors
- African American Awards Banquet
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross Northwest Louisiana Chapter
- Caddo Council on Aging
- City of Shreveport
- Common Ground Community, Inc.
- Community Renewal International, Inc.
- Film Prize Foundation, Inc.
- Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana
- Geaux 4 Kids
- CASA of Harrison County
- City of Waskom
- Collingsworth County Home Delivered Meals Program
- Donley County Senior Citizens Association
- East Texas Food Bank
- Greater Longview United Way
- Hall County Home Delivered Meals
- Hallsville Area United Fund
- Harrison County United Way
- Illinois River Watershed PTR
- Mena Polk County Senior Citizen's, Inc.
- Northwest Arkansas Food Bank
- Razorback Foundation, Inc.
- Scott County Senior Citizens, Inc.
- Siloam Springs High School Scholarship Committee
- United Way of Fort Smith Area
- United Way of Hempstead County, Inc.
- United Way of Northwest Arkansas
- University of Arkansas Community College of Hope Foundation, Inc.
- University of Arkansas Foundation, Inc.
- Highland Area Partnership
- Independence Bowl Foundation
- Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier
- Learning Ladder Academy
- Louisiana College Wildcat Baseball
- LSU Foundation
- Natchitoches Parish Council on Aging Inc.
- Northwest Louisiana Food Bank
- Plantation Park Elementary
- Providence House
- Right to Play, Inc.
- Riverside Elementary
- Robinson Film Center
- Shreveport Green
- Shreveport-Bossier Mayor's Prayer Breakfast
- Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission
- Town of Many
- United Way of Northwest Louisiana
- University Elementary
- Vernon Council on Aging
- Volunteers of America, Inc.
- Women's Resource Center
- Youree Drive Middle School
- Hedley Senior Citizens Association, Inc.
- Kilgore College Foundation Kilgore Texas
- Longview Centurion Club
- Longview Safety City, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels Ministry, Inc.
- Senior Citizens of Texarkana
- Shamrock Meals on Wheels, Inc.
- Shelby County Children's Advocacy Center, Inc.
- Texas A&M University-Texarkana
- Texas High School
- The Martin House Children's Advocacy Center
- The TSTC Foundation
- Titus County Cares
- United Way of Greater Texarkana
- United Way of Kilgore, Inc.
- United Way of Rusk County
- University of Texas at Austin
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 278
- Winnsboro Community Resource Center