To be eligible to receive a grant from the American Electric Power Foundation,
an organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) public charity, a state or political subdivision, a government-owned
or operated college or university, or an exempt operating foundation; and
- Be located within the AEP service territory or be national or regional in scope
and have a purpose that is beneficial to the general public, the broad environment
or the customers of American Electric Power.
Organizations And Activities Not Eligible
- Individuals. The Foundation does not provide grants directly to any individuals
for travel, study, healthcare or any other purpose.
- Religious organizations, although the Foundation may consider grants requested
by such an organization if it is an eligible organization and the grant would support
non-sectarian social service activities that are available to the broad community.
- Fraternal and veterans organizations
- Programs that are solely athletic in nature and not connected to broader community
or developmental goals.
- Certain supporting organizations.
American Electric Power Company, Inc., its affiliates and the American Electric Power Foundation provide donations or grants only to organizations that do not, either through constitution or any written policy, discriminate against others on the basis of political affiliation, religious belief, age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, national origin, race or sexual orientation. Each organization applying for support must affirm in its funding request or in the AEP or AEP Foundation on-line grant application that it does not discriminate in this manner.