Engineering Internship - Summer 2024
Job SummaryCook Nuclear Plant has internship openings in the areas listed below for our 2024 Summer Program (beginning in June). Ideal candidates are engineering students entering their senior year of college in the Fall of 2024.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Update, maintain and index engineering records and files.
- Develop diagrams, drawings and specifications for System expansion, and equipment modifications and replacements.
- Develop and maintain data for and conduct computer-oriented engineering and statistical studies.
- Assemble test equipment and conduct tests.
- Record and analyze test and statistical data.
- Diagnose performance and failure of operational equipment.
- Perform calculations and detailed engineering studies using scientific calculations and the computer system.
- Develop, test, modify and document computer programs.
- Conduct computer simulation studies.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare memoranda, reports and make presentations.
- Visit System and supplier facilities for inspections and tests.
- Become familiar with Company organization, departmental functional responsibilities, and group interrelationships.
- Completion of freshman year in a 4-year engineering program that has been recognized by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Physical demand level is Not Yet Determined Report directly to an engineering unit of the Service Corporation, operating Company office or generating plant, that is to supervise the assignment projects. Report administratively to AEPSC Personnel Department-Employment Section or other System group who received budgetary approval for hiring.
Paid internship. Compensation based on year of study and work program.
Compensation Range:$0.00-0.00 USDIt is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.
In addition to your base pay, AEP offers annual incentive pay and Total Rewards package that includes a 401(k) retirement savings plan, a "Cash balance" pension plan, generous paid time off and comprehensive and affordable healthcare plans.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We're committed to a culture where differences are valued and recognized as a significant positive influence on AEP's ability to serve our employees, customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders.
For some jobs, you may be asked to complete an employment test. Access practice tests and test tips by logging in. Login Credentials: User ID: aep, Password: aep