AEP is Committed to Supplier Diversity
AEP is committed to finding optimal suppliers within the small and diverse business community. The Supplier Diversity Team collaborates with AEP Procurement, economic development and business partners to maximize opportunities for small and diverse businesses to participate in sourcing events with a goal to achieve 15% diverse spend by 2025.
A Message from the Chairman
“We seek out business partners who reflect the boundless differences and similarities of our employees, customers and stakeholders. Having an inclusive, diverse supplier network strengthens AEP by encouraging innovation, competition and continuous improvement. By doing business with diverse suppliers, we foster the economic vitality of the communities we serve.”
“At AEP, we deliver an essential service that improves customers’ lives and supports the health and economic strength of our nation. It is our purpose and our responsibility. In 2020, we were tested in ways we could not have imagined. I am very proud of our employees who never wavered in their commitment to serving our customers, regardless of the conditions around us.”
AEP 2020 Spend Profile
Self-Certify Your Business Classification
Potential and existing AEP Suppliers are requested to declare their business classification by completing a Diverse and Small/Large Business Self-Certification Form.Complete form
AEP Recognized Diverse Business Classifications Include:
- Minority-owned and controlled (51% or more)
- Woman-owned (51% or more)
- Veteran-owned (51% or more)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (51% or more)
- LGBT-Owned (51% or more)
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBZone Certified)
- Disadvantaged business
Register Your Business
Registering as a supplier through Ariba enables your business to be considered for sourcing events at AEP.
Report Tier 2 Spend
AEP collects Tier 2 Diverse Spend for all goods and services sourced from non-Diverse Prime suppliers through PowerAdvocate.
Our Code of Conduct
AEP values its relationships with our suppliers. Learn more for expectations on how we do business.
For additional information, contact the Supplier Diversity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Labor, HR & Professional Services
- Fleet & Transportation
- General Services
- Safety & Health, Environmental
- Plant Materials & Equipment
- Wire, Cable & Hardware
- Transformers & Components
- Protection & Controls
- Energy Efficiency
Our Service Territory
Maintaining the nation's largest electricity transmission system and more than 219,000 miles of distribution lines, we deliver safe, reliable power to customers living in various states around the country.
We’re committed to supporting economic development and making smart infrastructure investments that power our communities and improve lives by attracting high-quality jobs, encouraging capital investment, and stimulating local economies.Learn more
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Edison Electric Institute Supplier Diversity Development Committee
- Texas Building and Procurement Commission
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Administration - Dynamic Small Business Search
- Small Business Size Standards
- Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
- Association for Service Disabled Veterans
- Certified Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone)
- DUNS Numbers
- NAICS Codes